Fish is the best summer food, and a perfect meal is not complete without a fresh salad. This Hula Ginger Vinaigrette Salad, adapted from Half Baked Harvest, is the best salad to have with some grilled fish or shellfish.
- 20square wonton wrappers cut into strips (use corn tortillas to make this gluten-free)
- 4-8cup spring greens
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro
- 1cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1avocado, sliced
- 1jalapeno or red chile sliced
- 1/2cup hot chile sesame oil or toasted sesame oil
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 2tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1teaspoon chile garlic sauce or sriracha or more to taste
- 1tablespoon tahini
- 1lime zested + juiced
- 2teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1clove garlic grated or minced
- back and white sesame seeds toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the wonton strips in a single layer (or as best you can get them) on a greased baking sheet. Spray the wontons with olive oil spray and a good sprinkle of sea salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, watching them closely to make sure they don’t burn. They are done when they are a light golden color and crisp.
- Combine the spring greens, cilantro, pineapple chunks, avocado, and jalapeño (or red chile) in a bowl and toss.
- In another small bowl make the vinaigrette. Combine the hot chile sesame oil, soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, tahini, 1 teaspoon lime zest, and the juice of 1 lime, the fresh ginger, and garlic. Add 1-2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds.
- Divide the greens among plates. Top with tuna, avocado slices, and wonton crisps. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Dig in!
Salad served in Glass Dotted Bowls
(Recipe courtesy of Half Baked Harvest)